erin's flash site.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Project Update

I have started working on the storyboard for my project, which is somewhat daunting because of all of the details that go into the project at that point. Using my knowledge of Museum Education and The Essentials of Instructional Design as my crutch, I tried to create a reasonable layout in my flowchart that should bring the lessons of these two sources together into a useful program.

Responding to my audience as informal learners has been the most challenging part thus far. Although Flash initially seemed ripe with options for allowing the learners to make their own decisions, in actually designing the program it seems like the choices have become more limited than I was expecting. However, in this process I determined that my goal may simply be to make the audience feel as though they have a lot of choices and then secretly limit those choices enough that program users will actually learn something.

Just to provide a preview of my image-heavy program, here are a couple of the images I hope to morph using a combination of Flash and Photoshop:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home